Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project
With more than 426,000 beneficiaries, the Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project (WaSSIP) aspires to increase access to piped water services and improve sanitation in the selected districts; and to strengthen the capacity of associated institutions; increasing the access to safe piped water supply to 60 percent of the population from the current coverage of 44 percent.
- Number of beneficiary households in towns: 23,600
- Number of beneficiary households in rural areas: 64,900
- Number of beneficiary households in estates: 15,800
- Number of sanitation beneficiary families: 43,000
- Total number of beneficiary households: 107,000
Project Launching at Dunsinane Estate, 12th August 2018
Director of WaSSIP & Director General of PHDT Visit of WaSSIP Hatton Region Water Supply Schemes.
Ganepalla RWSS in Kegalle district was handed over to the Community on 31st, March 2019
School Sanitation Opening ceremony at Abbortsford Tamil Vidyalayam – Nanu Oya held on 19th March 2019. This is the first school sanitation project competed in plantation sector under the WASSIP. Following day Prize giving ceremony for Art Competition on School sanitation also conducted.
Prime Ministers Visits Estates